Saturday, March 19, 2011

GET REAL

I always read through my previous posts before i set up another blog, just so that i dont make a duplicate. My last blog should have been this title but its ok. The middle of February i started watching this revival on tv and i started missing my christian life. For those who dont know, a few yrs i turned away, not completely but to more extreme than none. If that makes any sense. to get to the point, i had lost all faith. Just down and out on the "going through the motions " kinda religion.
Well now i signed up a couple of weeks ago for a Beth Moore bible study we are doing online, called Stepping up. Well i have been slacking in my studying with this. Just cant seem to get motivated. So i did the catching up thing last night. One of the questions for the homework assignments was

What is God Saying to you today?

A couple of weeks i have been talking to friends, my spouse and family about being real, i want a real relationship with my spouse, with my kids, and my sisters and mother. I am sooo tired of going through the motions. You know what i mean?.
Mean what you say, do what you mean. Keep it real. No lies, or secrets. just Get real, With God , with yourself and with me. I want something REAL

I have been praying telling God that i want him to be real in my life. I want to feel his presence every day. I want to know beyond the shadow of a doubt he is there.

I mean i know he is there. but i havent acted like it. Sooooo What is/was God saying to me yesterday and still today? "In order for me to be real in your life ms Mandy, you HAVE to put me as being real in your life. Not the other way around. Once you start living as though you count on me for every single breath you take and every single need you have in your life then and only then will i start being Real to you. I never leave you. I havent left you, I have always been right there waiting for your season to bring you back. I always love my children but sometimes you have to let them experience things on their own before they will discover thats they needed the parent all along. This is where you are at now. "


Wow, how much clearer can you get than that! Scold me... but thats ok, b/c its well needed and appreciated. Did you notice the title to this bible study... Stepping Up" Well that's what God was/is saying time to step up.

Now the next question.
How do i do that? How can i get my faith back? I guess im on a journey again, finding my way back and i have Jesus right beside me guiding my way.

Welll ok thats it for the blog today. Enjoy reading.

Love mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment